Thursday, January 3, 2008

Gotta brag...

I have to brag on Alex a little bit. Because he is in a stage of life that can be SO frusterating for a parent... but man. The kid is just great. After this phase of pushing boundries, and testing patience, and telling everyone and everything they are wrong, he is going to become one of the most amazing men that I know.

Today, he and I built a bird feeder together. It wasn't an easy one either. It was one in which we used plexi glass, and plywood that really wanted to split whenever we put a screw or nail in it. lol... We were making one that fits in front of the window so we can observe the birds more closely as they eat. He worked the whole time, with complaint and frusteration every time I needed something done more than once. lol... but he did an amazing job at each task I asked him too, and worked too hard at some (enough that I asked him to hold something up and he stood there long after I had moved on, just because I didn't say he was done)... it was just neat, to once again, see the man in the son I am raising. The hard worker, the good father, the amazing craftsman... he will be a handy one to have around some day. He learns fast and he works hard.

Right now he is sleeping off the jet lag from the last week in Florida... and I love him even more for it. :)

No comments: